From the Digital Collections Blog...
In recent weeks, anti-Semitic events have injected ugliness into Las Vegas. The stir it caused disrupted lives, introduced naïve people to the fear of bomb threats and verbal slurs. Hateful actions and words are never acceptable. Nor is it acceptable to ignore or deny such actions exist. Who verbally assaults another person with an intolerable term? Who defaces a school or place of worship?
Mark your calendars for the first broadcast of the documentary African Americans: The Las Vegas Experience, Monday, February 20, 09:00 pm on Vegas PBS Channel 10.
Happy Hanukkah! It’s that time again to greet everyone with a smile and best wishes for the coming year.
If a photograph can take a moment and fill it with truth, this photo taken by my UNLV Special Collections colleague, captures the soul of Jerry Countess. Entitled "Missing Rachel," our colleague Aaron Mayes works his magic to artistically capture Jerry remembering his wife.
“If you cook with love, they’ll love your cooking.” ~ Muriel Stevens is quoted as saying in her obituary this week. This mantra infused much of Muriel’s career as a television chef and newspaper columnist. I can only imagine having a chance to dine with her or cook together.
What happens when you ask a group of high school students to let you watch as they look at your website? You watch to see if they are interested enough to explore the vast amount of information that you have saved to the site. You wonder if their curious nature will inspire them to dig deeper into the site. Or will they jump to their Twitter or Instagram pages?
- Photograph of Morris Shenker and others, circa 1950s:
- I don't believe that this photo is from the 1950s. For 1 thing Mr Shenker would have considerably younger at that time. His hair style is not correct for the...
- Photograph of the Chuck Wagon Buffet at the El Rancho Vegas (Las Vegas), late 1940s:
- jxspuiu http://www.semioticamente.it/nike-sb-janoski-vendita-online http://www.biotoxen.it/865-cappello-miami-dolphins.php http://www.lldlm.fr/479-asics-gel-lyte-5-noir-homme.html http://www.bagage-de-bonnesante.fr/nike-roshe-run-homme-bleu http://www.io-riciclo.it/336-nike-air-force-low-flyknit Adidas Superstar Blanche Femme 37 Nike Free Run Womens Shoes Air Max 90 Prezzo Basso Nike Free Run Mens Red Nike Air Jordan 6
- Photograph of Frank Sinatra and his daughter, Nancy Sinatra, Las Vegas, September 1960:
- tzjpvrg http://www.terrazasdemadera.es/ http://www.mantenimientodejardines.com.es/ http://www.gimnasticadetorrelavega.es/ http://www.casafuentesdeinvierno.es/ http://www.chinavibratoryhammer.es/ priligy generico kamagra sin receta levitra sin receta ï»¿viagra femenina cialis precio
- Photograph of dinner party guests at the Thunderbird Hotel, Las Vegas, circa 1950s-1960s:
- Thank you for your interest in our digital collections. If you would like to donate your item, please contact us via email at: email@example.com. Thank you!
- Proposal for the Sahara Boardwalk Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, documents supporting petition for New Jersey Gaming License, 1980:
- Thank you for your interest in our digital collections. Try using the down arrow button and then choose a location to save the item. If you are still having...
- Masconomo House dinner menu, Sunday, September 12, 1880:
- Thank you for your interest in our digital collections. If you would like help getting copies of images, you may download from: http://d.library.unlv.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/menus/id/1007/rec/1 or contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org