Map of the United States of America, 1856
- Digital ID
- Map of the United States of America, 1856
- Alternative Title
- A new map of the United States of America
- Individual Creator
- 'Philadelphia. Published by Charles Desilver.' 'Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856 by Charles Desilver in the Clerks office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.' 'Engraved by J.L. Hazzard & E. Yeager.' Includes notes and insets titled 'Gold region of California' and 'District of Columbia.' Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Also shows battle fields and proposed western railroad routes. Prime meridians: Washington and Greenwich. Atlas p. numbers in upper margin: 5-6.
- Individual Contributor
- Group Contributors
- Scale 1:8,750,000 (W 126°--W 65°/N 48°--N 24°).
- Accession Number
- G3700 1856 .Y68
- Original Date
- Alternative Date
- Geographic Feature (TGN)
- United States
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Genre (LC TGM)
- Is Part of
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries;
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Vidar TruScan Titan Atlas scanner, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!