Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities, 1848
- Digital ID
- Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities, 1848
- Alternative Title
- Oregon and upper California
- 'Drawn by Charles Preuss under the order of the Senate of the United States, Washington City, 1848.' 'Lithy. by E. Weber & Co., Balto.' Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Shows area of U.S. west of the Continental Divide. Includes explanatory notes and shows Frémont's exploring routes in 1842, 1844 and 1846.
- Frémont, John Charles, 1813-1890; Edward Weber & Co.; United States. Congress. Senate
- Scale 1:3,000,000 (W 124°--W 112°/N 42°--N 32°).
- Accession Number
- G4210 1848 .F75
- Original Date
- Alternative Date
- Geographic Feature (TGN)
- United States;
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Genre (LC TGM)
- Is Part of
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries;
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Vidar TruScan Titan Atlas scanner, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!