Map of California and territories of New Mexico and Utah, circa 1861
- Digital ID
- Map of California and territories of New Mexico and Utah, circa 1861
- Alternative Title
- Johnson's California, Territories of New Mexico and Utah
- 'Compiled, drawn, and engraved under the supervision of J.H. Colton and A.J. Johnson.' Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- Colton, Joseph Hutchins, 1800-1893; Johnson, A. J. (Alvin Jewett), 1827-1884; Johnson & Browning
- Scale [ca. 1:3,041,280]. 1 in. to approx. 48 miles (W 124°--W 103°/N 42°--N 31°). Hand colored; Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington; Plates 54 & 55 removed from Johnson's New illustrated family atlas of the world, with descriptions geographical, statistical and historical ... New York, 1862 ; Title page of atlas.
- Accession Number
- G4300 1861 .J63
- Original Date
- 1859; 1860; 1861; 1862
- Alternative Date
- Geographic Feature (TGN)
- United States
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Is Part of
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries;
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Vidar TruScan Titan Atlas scanner, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!