Map showing parts of eastern and southeastern Nevada and southwestern Utah, circa 1873
- Digital ID
- Map showing parts of eastern and southeastern Nevada and southwestern Utah, circa 1873
- Alternative Title
- Parts of eastern and southeastern Nevada and southwestern Utah; Explorations and surveys west of the one-hundredth meridian; U.S.G.S. Surveys West of the 100th meridan; Wheeler surveys;
- Scale 1:506,880. 1 in. to 8 miles (W 117°30--W 114°45/N 37°20--N 40°00). Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. At top left: 'Explorations & surveys west of the one-hundredth meridian.' At top right: 'Parts of Eastern & Southeastern Nevada & Southwestern Utah. Atlas sheet number 66.' At bottom left: 'Expeditions of 1869, 1872 & 1873.' At bottom right: ' 1st Lieut. Geo. M. Wheeler, Corps of Engineers, com'd'g.' Seal of the War Department, Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army at top center of map.
- United States. War Dept.; United States. Army. Corps of Engineers;
- Originally published as part of the geological atlas which is an appendix to the Survey's Report upon United States geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, published in 1876?
- Accession Number
- G4350 1873 .G46
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- 1869; 1872-1873;
- Alternative Date
- 1869; 1875; 1873;
- Geographic Feature (TGN)
- westlimit=-116.5; eastlimit=-113.75; southlimit=35.6666; northlimit=37.3333
- United States;
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Is Part of
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries;
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Vidar TruScan Titan Atlas scanner, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!