Map of explorations and surveys south of the Central Pacific Railroad made by the U.S. Army Corps of Topographical Engineers, 1871
- Digital ID
- Map of explorations and surveys south of the Central Pacific Railroad made by the U.S. Army Corps of Topographical Engineers, 1871
- Alternative Title
- Explorations and surveys south of Central Pacific R.R.; Explorations and surveys south of Central Pacific Railroad; Preliminary topographical map;
- Group Creator
- 'Preliminary topographical map embracing in skeleton a portion only of the notes from surveys made in accordance with Par.II Special Orders No. 109 War Dept., March 18th, 1871 and letter of instructions of Brig. General A.A. Humphreys, Chief of Eng'rs. dated March 23rd, 1871. Conducted under the immediate direction of 1st Lieutenant Geo. M. Wheeler, Corps of Eng'rs., assisted by 1st Lieutenant D.W. Lockwood, Corps of Eng'rs. and 2nd Lieutentant D.A. Lyle, 2nd U.S. Artillery, during the summer and fall of 1871. Louis Nell, chief topographer and draughtsman.'' At head of map: 'Explorations in Nevada and Arizona. U.S. Engineer Department.' In lower left corner: 'Note: This map is a hasty and partial compilation from the topographical data already received, many still remaining en route. Upon it is projected in skeleton the groundwork of the area examined. All points except the prominent astronomical positiions are subject to lsight modification upon the final map.' Shows area through central Nevada, eastern California, and central Arizona. Relief shown by hachures.
- Individual Contributor
- Published by the War Dept. Scale [ca. 1:1,520,640]. 1 in. to 24 miles (W 118°--W 109°/N 41°--N 32°).
- Accession Number
- G4300 1871 .U55 c.1
- Original Date
- Alternative Date
- United States;
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Is Part of
- All images and materials included in this digital project are intended for personal, educational or research purposes only. Any other use without prior expressed permission is prohibited. Low resolution images downloaded from may only be used for personal, educational or research purposes. High-resolution files may be obtained and used for editorial or commercial purposes upon payment of the appropriate reproduction fee and signing of agreement form. For more information please note the Digital ID of the item and contact staff at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- 44.9 MB
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (150 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Contex Magnum XL 54 scanner, default color configuration, using EasyScan 7.1 software. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!