Map showing detailed topography of the country traversed by the reconnaissance expedition through southern & southeastern Nevada, 1869 (reproduction)
- Digital ID
- Map showing detailed topography of the country traversed by the reconnaissance expedition through southern & southeastern Nevada, 1869 (reproduction)
- Alternative Title
- Southern & southeastern Nevada; Reconnaissance expedition through southern & southeastern Nevada;
- At top of map: 'Reconnaissance Maps, Department of California.' 'In charge of, Lieut. Geo. M. Wheeler, U.S. Engineers; assisted by Lieut. D.W. Lockwood, Corps of Engineers,U.S.A., 1969.' 'P.W. Hamel, chief topographer and draugthsman.' 'Traced 11-13-67.' 'BGS'; the G is enclosed in an arrowhead shape. 'Officially compiled and published at the Engineer Office, Head Quarters Department of California in 1869 and 70 by order of Brigadier General E.O.C. Ord. Comm'dg. [signed] Geo. M. Wheeler, Lieutenant of Engineers In Charge, Head Quarters Dept. of Cal. Oct. 26th, 1870.' Includes information from railroad maps, the United States Geological Survey of the 40th parallel and from Lieutenant Ives' explorations along the Colorado. Map includes camps, astronomical stations, good and bad wagon roads, trails, springs, settlements, mining districts, state and county boundaries and the watershed between the Humboldt and Colorado Basin. Shows most of eastern half of Nevada. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- Wheeler, George M. (George Montague), 1842-1905; Lockwood, D. W. (Daniel Wright), 1845-1931;
- Scale indeterminable. (W 117°00´--W 113°00´/N 41°45´--N 35°45´). Series: Reconnaissance maps. Military map / Department of California ; no. 1. Reproduction. Map is printed in purple. Scale of original map: [1:760,320]. 1 in. to approx. 12 miles. Includes dots hand-colored with red pencil marking Indian rancherias.
- Accession Number
- G4351.C2 1869 .U552
- Original Date
- Alternative Date
- United States
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Genre (LC TGM)
- Is Part of
- All images and materials included in this digital project are intended for personal, educational or research purposes only. Any other use without prior expressed permission is prohibited. Low resolution images downloaded from may only be used for personal, educational or research purposes. High-resolution files may be obtained and used for editorial or commercial purposes upon payment of the appropriate reproduction fee and signing of agreement form. For more information please note the Digital ID of the item and contact staff at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Vidar TruScan Titan Atlas, default color configuration, using Vidar TruScan2 v.22.214.171.124 software. The TIFF file was converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!