Hand-drawn map of the Mormon Fort and Las Vegas Valley from a letter by John Steele to Brigham Young, circa 1855
- Digital ID
- Hand-drawn map of the Mormon Fort and Las Vegas Valley from a letter by John Steele to Brigham Young, circa 1855
- Hand-drawn map showing area around the Mormon Fort in Las Vegas, Nevada, circa 1855. Handwritten in lower right: 'To President George A. Smith. This is drawn not according to any particular rule being my first attempt at drawing but it may serve to give you an idea of the Las Vegas. John Steele.'
- "Copy print of material in LDS Archives." Scale not given.
- Accession Number
- 0014 0012 (Fred and Maurine Wilson Photograph Collection)
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- 1850; 1851; 1852; 1853; 1854; 1855; 1856; 1857; 1858; 1859
- Alternative Date
- Circa 1855
- Geographic Feature (TGN)
- United States
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Genre (LC TGM)
- Is Part of
- All images and materials included in this digital project are intended for personal, educational or research purposes only. Any other use without prior expressed permission is prohibited. Low resolution images downloaded from may only be used for personal, educational or research purposes. High-resolution files may be obtained and used for editorial or commercial purposes upon payment of the appropriate reproduction fee and signing of agreement form. For more information please note the Digital ID of the item and contact staff at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (600 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using an Epson Expression 10000XL scanner, default color configuration, using Epson Scan Ver. 2.94A software. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!