Map showing detailed topography of the country traversed by the reconnaissance expedition through southern & southeastern Nevada, 1869
- Digital ID
- Map showing detailed topography of the country traversed by the reconnaissance expedition through southern & southeastern Nevada, 1869
- Alternative Title
- Southern & southeastern Nevada; Reconnaissance expedition through southern & southeastern Nevada;
- Individual Creator
- At top of map: 'Reconnaissance Maps, Department of California.' In lower right corner: 'Photolith. by the N.Y. Lithg. Engrg. & Prtg. Co.' 'In charge of, Lieut. Geo. M. Wheeler, U.S. Engineers; assisted by Lieut. D.W. Lockwood, Corps of Engineers,U.S.A., 1969.' 'P.W. Hamel, chief topographer and draugthsman.' 'Officially compiled and published at the Engineer Office, Head Quarters Department of California in 1869 and 70 by order of Brigadier General E.O.C. Ord. Comm'dg. [signed] Geo. M. Wheeler, Lieutenant of Engineers In Charge, Head Quarters Dept. of Cal. Oct. 26th, 1870.' Includes information from railroad maps, the United States Geological Survey of the 40th parallel and from Lieutenant Ives' explorations along the Colorado. Map includes camps, astronomical stations, good and bad wagon roads, trails, springs, settlements, mining districts, state and county boundaries and the watershed between the Humboldt and Colorado Basin. Shows most of eastern half of Nevada. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- Individual Contributor
- Scale: [1:760,320]. 1 in. to approx. 12 miles. (W 117°00´--W 113°00´/N 41°45´--N 35°45´). Series: Reconnaissance maps. Military map / Department of California ; no. 1.miles. Library's copy has counties hand-outlined in colored markers.
- Accession Number
- G4351.C2 1869 .U55
- Original Date
- Alternative Date
- United States
- Subject (LCSH)
- DC Type
- Still Image
- Genre (LC TGM)
- Is Part of
- All images and materials included in this digital project are intended for personal, educational or research purposes only. Any other use without prior expressed permission is prohibited. Low resolution images downloaded from may only be used for personal, educational or research purposes. High-resolution files may be obtained and used for editorial or commercial purposes upon payment of the appropriate reproduction fee and signing of agreement form. For more information please note the Digital ID of the item and contact staff at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (150 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Contex Magnum XL 54 scanner, default color configuration, using EasyScan 7.1 software. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!