Aerial view of Hoover Dam and surrounding area
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam and surrounding area
- Boulder Dam Service Bureau
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam and the surrounding area. Photo is actually a photograph of the area surrounding the dam with an artist's rendering of the dam, reservoir, powerhouses, and mouths of the diversion tunnels superimposed on it. It was used as a postcard, postmarked Sept. 30, 1935 in Boulder City, NV, and it has two Hoover Dam 3 cent stamps on it. Fortification Hill is seen in the background. Part of Lake Mead (the reservoir) and the Colorado River are visible.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0583
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!