Hoover Dam -- postcard
- Hoover Dam -- postcard
- Boulder Dam Service Bureau
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Postcard showing aerial view of Hoover Dam and the surrounding area. This is a photo of the area surrounding the dam with an artist's rendering of the dam, Lake Mead (the reservoir), and the Colorado River superimposed on the photo. Fortification Hill is visible in the background. Printed words on the front of the postcard say: " Boulder Dam; Height 727' above bed rock; thickness 660' at base, 45' at crest, crest length 1,180', installed cpacity of power plant, 1, 836,000 horse power".
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0580
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!