Construction of Hoover Dam
- Construction of Hoover Dam
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Shows a panoramic view of the Hoover Dam site in Black Canyon. There are trucks and buildings visible on the floor of the canyon. One of the portals to the diversion tunnels is visible. The concrete pouring forms can be seen on the face of the dam. Two of the partially completeed intake towers can be seen also. Cables span the canyon on high and a temporary bridge is also visible.
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Panoramic views(feed)
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Design and construction(feed)
- Buildings and structures(feed)
- Diversion tunnels(feed)
- Black Canyon (Ariz. and Nev.)(feed)
- Concrete pouring forms(feed)
- Intake towers(feed)
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a Contex Magnum XL 54 scanner with EasyScan 7.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0473
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!