Hoover Dam from the downstream side with bridge and buildings
- Hoover Dam from the downstream side with bridge and buildings
- Davis, Glenn A. (photographer)
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of the Hoover Dam construction site within Black Canyon from the downstream side of the Colorado River. The dam wall is nearly complete and the mouths of the diversion tunnels can be seen. Building plants and construction equipment are seen in the foreground. Construction on the power house is seen at the base of the dam wall. Cables are suspended over the canyon, and a steel bridge crosses the Colorado River near the foreground.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0020 0084
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Glenn A. Davis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!