Man standing on trestle bridge on the Colorado River pointing at anchoring cables
- Man standing on trestle bridge on the Colorado River pointing at anchoring cables
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- A man stands on the trestle bridge near the gravel pit and points at the cables attached to the upstream face of the bridge used to anchor the bridge in case of high water. Three-inch cables [were] anchored to concrete "dead-men" and horizontal stays [were] attached to bents on the bridge. The Colorado River runs beneath the bridge and Black Canyon can be seen in the background.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 1198
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!