Close-up of Hoover Dam concrete pouring construction taken from the Arizona side, looking downstream
- Close-up of Hoover Dam concrete pouring construction taken from the Arizona side, looking downstream
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View from donwstream on the Arizona side of the Colorado River of concrete pouring construction on Hoover Dam. Construction workers are seen amid multiple concrete pouring forms and scaffolding. A suspended concrete pouring bucket is seen in the middle left. A temporary building can be seen in the lower left, and temporary stairs are seen attached to the wall of Black Canyon in the upper right. What appear to be several tunnel openings can be seen in the upper left.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 2509
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!