Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site, looking upstream on the Colorado River
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site, looking upstream on the Colorado River
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site, looking upstream on the Colorado River in Black Canyon. Concrete pouring forms and other construction equipment are seen on the partially finished dam face and in the river bed below it. Unfinished penstock openings are seen in the canyon wall above the foundations of the Arizona power house, seen in the lower right. Vehicles and temporary buildings can be seen in the foreground. Cables and bridges span the canyon in the background.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 2578
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!