Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site looking downstream from the Arizona side
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site looking downstream from the Arizona side
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site, looking downstream on the Colorado River in Black Canyon. Construction on the intake towers on both sides of the dam face is shown. The top of the dam face is covered with concrete pouring forms. Buckets of concrete can be seen on the railroard bench on the canyon wall in the lower right. Temporary stairs attached to the canyon wall in the background lead up to a concrete mixing plant in the mountains. A temporary bridge crosses the river in the foreground.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 2777
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!