Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site viewed from downstream on the Colorado River
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site viewed from downstream on the Colorado River
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site taken from downstream on the Colorado River in Black Canyon. Construction on the Nevada and Arizona power houses is shown in the foreground in the cofferdam. Concrete pouring forms cover the top of the dam face. Construction on the intake towers can be seen behind the dam face. Construction equipment and temporary buildings sit in the downstream cofferdam. Cables cross the canyon over the Colorado River in the background.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 2727
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!