Signing of the contract between the U.S. government and Six Companies for construction of Hoover Dam
- Signing of the contract between the U.S. government and Six Companies for construction of Hoover Dam
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Photo shows one man sitting at a table signing a document while several men standing behind him observe. The men are identified, left to right, as Charles P. "Pop" Squires; P.W. Dent, Assistant Commissioner of Reclamation; Mayor Fred Hesse; unknown; R.F. Walter, Chief Engineer, Bureau of Reclamation, seated; George W. ("Molly") Malone, State Engineer; J.R. Alexander, legal counsel; Louis B. Crampton, Special Attorney, Secretary of the Interior; Charles A. Dobbel, Executive Assistant, Secretary of the Interior, or, Frank Crowe, project engineer; Walker R. Young; O.W. Yates, title official, or, Jack McEachearn, President, General Construction of Seattle; John C. Page, Office Engineer (also identifed as Robert Copeland, truck driver); A.E. Cahlan; Earle A. Mills, Chief Clerk. The building they are in is identified as the Beckley Building (now Pioneer Club) in Las Vegas.
- Local subject
- image/jp2 8850 KB
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0020 0036
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Glenn A. Davis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!