Panorama looking downstream showing dam, spillways, intake towers and cableways
- Panorama looking downstream showing dam, spillways, intake towers and cableways
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Two photographs mounted together show panoramic view of the constructon of the Hoover Dam. Nevada spillways on the right. Toward the left is a temporary bridge across the canyon, a Nevada intake tower being constructed, the upstream face of the dam with concrete pouring forms, an Arizona intake tower under construction and at the far left, the Arizona spillways. The cableway stretches across the top of the photos with transport bins attached.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 2667 - 0267 2668
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!