Boulder Dam, Hoover Dam looking upstream from the Nevada side.
- Boulder Dam, Hoover Dam looking upstream from the Nevada side.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Upstream view of the dam showing the downstream face with multiple catwalks across it. Foreground shows the lower cofferdam with the power houses under construction and a headquarters building. To the right are unfinished Arizona intake towers and a trough in the earth for the spillway. Columns of concrete pouring forms, the upper cofferdam and the Colorado river show in the distance. Cableways and cranes are visible on the far edges of the photo.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 2713
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!