Construction on Hoover Dam and the power houses looking upstream from the lower portals road
- Construction on Hoover Dam and the power houses looking upstream from the lower portals road
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of the Hoover Dam construction site in Black Canyon, showing the nearly-completed dam face and construction on the power houses in the lower cofferdam. Concrete pouring forms are seen on the tops of the power houses. Temporary buildings and construction equipment, including an electric dragline and dump trucks, are seen on the cofferdam floor. Cableways run over the canyon above the dam face. Construction on the Arizona valve house is seen on the right side in the center of the canyon wall. One of the diversion tunnel portals is seen in the lower left.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 3299
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!