Looking upstream toward the Nevada intake towers, showing the intake bridge girders in place.
- Looking upstream toward the Nevada intake towers, showing the intake bridge girders in place.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of construction on the Nevada intake towers and a portion of the roadway on the top of the dam face. Construction workers and concrete pouring forms are seen on the top of the dam face on the right. One of the Arizona intake towers can also be seen in the upper right. An electric dragline is seen on one of the girders between the Nevada intake towers and cableways are visible crossing the canyon between the intake towers. The Colorado River and the walls of Black Canyon can be seen in the background.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 3152
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!