Aerial view of Hoover Dam, looking downstream from the Arizona side of Black Canyon
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam, looking downstream from the Arizona side of Black Canyon
- Spence Air Photos
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam, nearing completion, in Black Canyon. Visible are the dam face, intake towers and spillways, and the Nevada valve house is seen in the middle left. The Colorado River is seen upstream of the dam. The roadway crossing the top of the dam is almost completed. The concrete mixing plants are seen in the upper left.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 Spence Air Photo #1
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!