Aerial view of Hoover Dam, looking upstream on the Colorado River
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam, looking upstream on the Colorado River
- Spence Air Photos
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of the Hoover Dam construction site in Black Canyon. Visible are the spillways, intake towers, dam face, diversion tunnels and construction on the power houses. Temporary buildings are seen in the cofferdam downstream of the dam face. The Colorado River is seen upstream of the dam and again downstream of the cofferdam. Roads, including the road over the top of the dam, are also seen in the canyon.
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Aerial views(feed)
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Design and construction(feed)
- Black Canyon (Ariz. and Nev.)(feed)
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)(feed)
- Power houses(feed)
- Diversion tunnels(feed)
- Intake towers(feed)
- Buildings and structures(feed)
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0267 Spence Air Photo #3
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. W.A. Bechtel Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!