Water being discharged from the outlet works of the valve houses in Hoover Dam
- Water being discharged from the outlet works of the valve houses in Hoover Dam
- Davis, Glenn A. (photographer)
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of Hoover Dam from downstream on the Colorado River in Black Canyon. The central power house is seen at the base of the dam face. Water is being discharged from outlet works of the valve houses on both the Nevada and Arizona sides of the canyon. The diversion tunnel portals are seen in the foreground. Fortification Hill is seen in the background.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0020 0088
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Glenn A. Davis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!