View of water discharging from the Nevada and Arizona outlet works into the Colorado River
- View of water discharging from the Nevada and Arizona outlet works into the Colorado River
- Davis, Glenn A. (photographer)
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of Hoover Dam from downstream on the Colorado River. Water is being discharged from the Nevada and Arizona outlet works in the valve houses. The diversion tunnel portals and a steel bridge are seen in the foreground. Cables are suspended over Black Canyon above the dam face. Two of the cantilever electric transmission towers are seen immediately to the left of the top of the dam face.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a HP Scanjet 4670 scanner with HP Scanning 2.3.1 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0020 0093
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Glenn A. Davis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!