Hoover Dam construction site viewed from downstream
- Hoover Dam construction site viewed from downstream
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of the Hoover Dam construction site in Black Canyon from downstream. Framework and concrete pouring forms are visible on the Nevada power house on the left, the Arizona power house on the right and the central portion of the power house at the base of the dam face. Construction on one of the Nevada intake towers is also seen behind the dam face to the left. Temporary buildings are seen in the cofferdam. Cables for carrying construction materials and concrete buckets are seen crossing the canyon.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0482
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!