Hoover Dam and surrounding area
- Hoover Dam and surrounding area
- Boulder Dam Service Bureau
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- This is a re-touched photo of Hoover Dam and the surrounding area. The Colorado River can be seen below the power houses. The intake towers are visible behind the downstream face. The reservoir (Lake Mead) can be seen forming behind the dam. Fortification Hill is visible in the background. Two of the portals to the diversion tunnels are also visible. There are four Boulder Dam 3 cent stamps on the back of the photo with a postmark: "Boulder City, Nev. Sept. 30, 9 AM, 1935".
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0581
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!