Black Canyon prior to dam construction
- Black Canyon prior to dam construction
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Shows a surveyor perched on the side of Black Canyon surveying the area preliminary to the construction of Hoover Dam. The Colorado River is visible below. On the back of the phot is hand-written "Rigger-rodman working with topographical survey party in Black Canyon on Nevada side. Rodman is lowered over Black Canyon rim on rope and given points which are recorded with both horizontal and vertical angle by two transit parties."
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0359
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!