Hoover Dam construction -- various phases
- Hoover Dam construction -- various phases
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- This postcard shows the construction of Hoover Dam in four different stages. All views were taken from the same point looking upstream. The first image shows Black Canyon and the Colorado River at the very beginning of construction (1931). The second image shows the first concrete pouring (1933), the cofferdams and the mouth of one of the diversion tunnels. The third shows the dam half completed in 1934. The last one shows the completed dam in 1936 with water pouring from the outlet works in the valve house on the Arizona side.
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) -- Design and construction(feed)
- Black Canyon (Ariz. and Nev.)(feed)
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)(feed)
- Concrete pouring forms(feed)
- Diversion tunnels(feed)
- Outlet works(feed)
- Construction equipment(feed)
- Buildings and structures(feed)
- Local subject
- image/jp2 10589 KB
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0436
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!