Aerial view of Hoover Dam and surrounding area
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam and surrounding area
- Spence Air Photos
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of the completed dam showing the downstream face and powerhouses. Lake Mead (reservoir) can be seen as it fills behind the dam. Water is spilling from the outlet works and one of the lower portals to the diversion tunnels is also visible. Part of the Colorado River is also seen. The intake towers rise behind the dam.
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0539
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!