Aerial view of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- Aerial view of Hoover Dam shows part of the downstream face of the dam, the intake towers, and Lake Mead (reservoir) starting to fill. Roads around the dam and across the top of it are visible. Photo shows an airplane flying high above the area. There is a lengthy description of the airplane flight on the back of the photo. The airplane is a new commercial PBY-1 flying boat made by Consolidated Aircraft Corporation and has completed its final demonstrations in flying from San Diego to Lake Mead.
- Local subject
- image/jp2 7147 KB
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0540
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!