Hoover Dam -- retouched photo
- Hoover Dam -- retouched photo
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Original Date
- View of Hoover Dam and surrounding area with Fortification Hill in the background. This is a postcard with the following printed on the front: "This is an actual photo of the retouched photograph from which engraving for the Boulder Dam stamp was made. Original valued at $1600.00." The postage stamp itself is pictured in the upper right hand corner of the postcard. Photo shows the portals to the diversion tunnels, the power houses, the downstream face, the Colorado River, and Lake Mead (the reservoir).
- Local subject
- Digitization Specifications
- This file is derived from a high-resolution (300 dpi, 24-bit) uncompressed TIFF image that was scanned from the original using a AGFA Duoscan T 1200 scanner with AGFA FotoLook 32 V3.60.0 scanning software, default color configuration. The TIFF files were converted into the JPEG2000 format.
- Image Number
- 0100 0579
- Resource Type
- Still Image
- Is Part Of
- Access and Ordering Information
- Not to be reporduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections. Manis Collection.
- Digital Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!