Noble family residence, menu, November 23, 1884
- Digital ID
- Noble family residence, menu, November 23, 1884
- Alternative Title
- Menu du 23 novembre 1884
- Restaurant or Site Name
- Additional Information
- Embossed coats of arms (Lippe (the Lippe Rose) and Baden) at top of menu. Handwritten note on back of menu: "Prince de Lippe-Detmold." The Lippe Rose was adopted as lesser arms of his personal Standard by Woldemar, reigning sovreign of the German Principality of Lippe, from 1875 until his death in 1895. He was married in 1858 to Princess Sophie of Baden, a daughter of King Wilhelm of Baden. Courses are numbered 1 through 9.
- Graphic Elements
- Date Original
- Type of Restaurant or Site
- Restaurant/Site Location
- Type of Menu
- Type of Cuisine
- Original Language
- Meal(s) Served
- Collection Subject (FAST)
- Menus; Bill of fares; Menu design; Restaurant management -- Prices; Dinners and dining; Restaurants; Cooking; Food service; Eating; Social life and customs
- Original Medium
- DC Type
- IS Part Of
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas University Libraries
- This material may be protected by copyright. Personal, including educational and academic, use of this material is without restriction but acknowledgement of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries is requested whether the use is oral, web or in print. Commercial use of any portion of this material requires permission from the University Libraries. For further information please contact Digital Collections: http://digital.library.unlv.edu/contact
- Box Number
- Folder Number
- Digital Collection
- Menus The Art of Dining
- Original Collection
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
|Giancarlo Fochesato||2012-07-15 @ 12:05 PM|
|The embossed crowned coats-of-arms are : LIPPE (the Lippe Rose) and BADEN.|
The handwritten inscription on the back f the menu, reads: 'Prince de Lippe-Detmold' (in French).
More exactly, the Lippe Rose was adopted as lesser arms of his personal Standard, by WOLDEMAR, reigning sovreign of the German Principality of Lippe, from 1875 until his death in 1895.
He was married in 1858 to Princess Sophie of Baden, a daughter of King Wilhelm of Baden.
His full style in German was : Guenther Friedrich Fuerst von Lippe-Detmold.
The Lippe-Detmold is the senior line of the princely House of Lippe (ext. 1905) -the other branches being Lippe-Biessenfell, Lippe-Weissenfeld and Schaumburg-Lippe.
|UNLV Digital Collections||2012-07-16 @ 03:42 PM|
|Thank you for your comment! The University Libraries strives to improve our collections and we appreciate your contribution to the accuracy of our records. Thank you for your feedback on this collection!|