Audio recording clip of interview with Ida Bowser by Claytee D. White, August 30, 2007
- Digital ID
- Audio recording clip of interview with Ida Bowser by Claytee D. White, August 30, 2007
- Material Set
- White, Claytee D.
- Part of an interview with Ida Bowser conducted by Claytee D. White on August 30, 2007. Born in Tallulah, Louisiana, Bowser came to Las Vegas as a child. Her first job after high school was as a teacher's aide. Later, she worked as a maid at the Sahara and Flamingo hotels. Disenchanted with maid's work, Bowser applied to the welfare office for on-the-job training and began working for the UNLV library, where she remained for thirty-seven years. Bowser recalls Ruby Duncan and the civil rights movement, notable individuals and places, and a discrimination lawsuit. In the clip, Bowser describes how she came to work for the UNLV library.
- Identified Individuals
- Identified Corporate Bodies
- Neighborhood City / Town
- Original Collection
- Original Date (interview)
- Subject (FAST)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- This material may be protected by copyright. Personal, including educational and academic, use of this material is without restriction; but acknowledgement of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries is requested whether the use is oral, web or in print. Commercial use of any portion of this material requires permission. For further information please contact Digital Collections: http://digital.library.unlv.edu/contact.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Digital Collection
- Master Extent
- 01:30:56; 1,543,402,318 bytes
- Master File Format
- Master File Quality
- 24 bit PCM; 96 kHz
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!