Transcript of interview with Henry L. Regan Jr., October 12, 2012
- Digital ID
- Transcript of interview with Henry L. Regan Jr., October 12, 2012
- Community Affiliation
- Material Set
- Grygo, John;
- Henry grew up on Westside as a self-described "wild" boy. He was employed as skycap for 32 years at McCarran International Airport.
- Henry L. Regan’s narrative offers a perspective of growing up a tough kid who often tried to fill the shoes of his absent father. Henry, with his mother and younger siblings, arrived in Las Vegas in 1958 when he was ten years old. He shares stories of racism, joining a gang, and surviving the surrounding violence during the 1960s and 1970s—during what he describes his time as a “wild” teen on the Westside of Las Vegas. With the help of caring people and spiritual guides, Henry escaped his addictions and intense path. He became a skycap at McCarran Airport, a position he held for 32 years before retiring. Henry and his wife Alfreida met at church and married in 1972.
- Identified Individuals
- Identified Neighborhood
- Neighborhood City / Town
- F850 N4 R43 2012
- Original Collection
- Original Date (interview)
- Subject (FAST)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Specific Genre (LCSH)
- This material may be protected by copyright. Personal, including educational and academic, use of this material is without restriction; but acknowledgement of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries is requested whether the use is oral, web or in print. Commercial use of any portion of this material requires permission. For further information please contact Digital Collections: http://digital.library.unlv.edu/contact. This document is an oral history. It is a spoken account of certain events and phenomena recorded at one particular moment and filtered through one individual's life experience, sensibility, and memory. As such, it should be considered a primary source rather than a final, verified, or complete narrative of the events it records.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Digital Collection
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!