Postcard of the MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas), 1973-1980
- Postcard of the MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas), 1973-1980
- The pre-1981 MGM Grand in the evening. Printed text on back of postcard: "The coming attraction of our time is here. MGM Grand Hotel- Las Vegas, a &100 million dollar fantasy. 2100 rooms and suites. The Celebrity Room, reserved for superstars. The Ziegfeld Room, for lavish revues. The Lion's Den, a lively show lounge. Six restaurants. The MGM movie theatre. Tennis. Swimming pools. Health clubs. Shops. And Jai alai, the world's fastest game, in a 2200-seat arena." The MGM Grand Hotel was burned by a fire in 1980, rebuilt in 1981, and sold to Bally's Corporation to become Bally's Las Vegas in 1985.
- Image ID: Martin Stern Photo Coll.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- 1973; 1974; 1975; 1976; 1977; 1978; 1979; 1980
- Site Name (standardized)
- Site Street Address
- 3645 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV
- Type of Site (AAT)
- Graphic Elements (TGM)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- This material may be protected by copyright. Personal, including educational and academic, use of this material is without restriction but acknowledgement of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries is requested whether the use is oral, web or in print. Commercial use of any portion of this material requires permission from the University Libraries. For further
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas University Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Digital ID
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!