Postcard of the MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas), 1973-1980
- Postcard of the MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas), 1973-1980
- Postcard of the MGM Grand before the 1981 expansion with the words "Greetings for MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada." Printed text on back of postcard: "MGM Grand Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada. This unbelievable 120 million dollar, 26 story hotel has 2100 rooms, two major showrooms, five entertainment lounges, a movie theatre, 145,000 square feet of convention space, 75,000 square feet of shopping arcade, five dining rooms and a Jai Alai fronton. Color by allen Photo Inc. Distributed by Ferris H. Scott, 1320 N. Broadway, Santa Ana Calif., 90012, Mirro-Krome Card by H. S. Crocker Co., Inc., anaheim Calif., 92801" The MGM Grand Hotel was burned by a fire in 1980, rebuilt in 1981, and sold to Bally's Corporation to become Bally's Las Vegas in 1985.
- Image ID: Martin Stern Photo Coll.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- 1973; 1974; 1975; 1976; 1977; 1978; 1979; 1980
- Site Name (standardized)
- Site Street Address
- 3645 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV
- Type of Site (AAT)
- Graphic Elements (TGM)
- DC Type
- Genre (LC TGM)
- This material may be protected by copyright. Personal, including educational and academic, use of this material is without restriction but acknowledgement of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries is requested whether the use is oral, web or in print. Commercial use of any portion of this material requires permission from the University Libraries. For further
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas University Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Digital ID
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!