C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his family, April 5, 1907
D.J. Biggins, Proprietor J.D. Vargas, Manager THE "CLUB" Choice Wine, Liquors and Cigars Lunch Counter in Connection Meals at all hours Winnemucca, Nev. Apr. 5, 1907 Dear Folkses, Just recd letter # 4. Just reached this place late last night. Tell Terassy I got her letter O.K. She says to come home but I don't see how I can just now. I did not know when Easter came. One day is the same as another when you are out in the hills. I think 3 eggs was a pretty good feed for Billie. Expect he ate two of the for me. I think I got all your letters. I am glad to get them but dont get to the P.O. very often. We can never tell when we leave a P.O. how long it will be until we strike another We have been having plenty of rough weather but I am feeling fine. I went to hay last night with the rain dripping through the wagon cover onto the bed. Thought I would get a letter from India today but nothing here. I have had so many letters to write that I never write a letter unless it is to answer one I receive. Twice a week is plenty often enough for you to write because I could not get your letters regular. Now don't you think that I don't want to hear from you but you see it is no use to write and have the letters puile up. You write 50 pages if you want to. Every word is read and I am glad to get them. I had letters forwarded here. Address me at Lovelocks as I am having all mail forwarded from there.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his family, April 5, 1907
- Letter to his parents. Continuation of his trip to Lovelock, Nevada including the expanded trip to Winnemucca. He writes about the mines, people they are meeting, and miles traveled.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Compound Object
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
- image/tiff; 107 MB
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services