C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his family, Apr. 23, 1907, page 3
MACMASTER & MACMASTER MINING STOCK BROKERS P.O. BOX 1063 GOLDFIELD, NEV. 3 and smoked by myself for quite a while after the other boys had went to bed. You may know where my thoughts were. Guess I must have been thinking of you all at home. Just after I got in bed the coyotes commenced their confounded howling and wailing. For the first time it did not sound good to me. I had heard them several times and it did not bother me but that night it just seemed to go clear through me. I mailed Reba a card at Boyer on the way out to the strike but I suppose you will get this first as the stage only goes through that country once a week. You asked me about getting lost. Well the boys thought I was lost while we were down to Paradise Valley. On the day we left there they had decided to leave that day at noon. I did not know it. They thought I knew we were all to be in by noon. We all filled our canteens in the morning and started out. I went for all day. The other boys were all in by noon and could not imagine what was wrong with me. They hitched up at noon and looked for me to blow in any minute. They waited for me until 1:00 and got uneasy. Thought cliff or something. They thought I was a goner sure. I started in towards camp about 2:00.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his family, Apr. 23, 1907, page 3
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services