C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, April 11, 1907
MACMASTER & MACMASTER MINING STOCK BROKERS P.O. BOX 1063 GOLDFIELD, NEV. Winnemucca, Nev. Apr 11/07 Dear Mother, Just received letter # 5 We are back tracking just now, We were up within 25 mile of the Oregon state line. We had plenty of sage hens and Jack rabbits. Shot 14 jacks one day We located several claims. All silver claims. I named the first one Hoosier and the next one Hoosier #1. I named two claims Isadore & Cleveland. I was glad to hear that you were all fairly well. Now you all want to keep well. I am geeling fine. Expect we will get over in Northern California this summer. Have heard nothing from India for a long time. I have traveled about 200 miles north since I wrote to you last. You must take things easy Mother and Dady too. You fellows will Come out on top yet. I am having the time of my life. I am sending Billie a Jack rabbit tail in this letter.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, April 11, 1907
- Letter to his parents. Continuation of his trip to Lovelock, Nevada including the expanded trip to Winnemucca. They are 25 miles south of Oregon. He discusses the wildlife, weather and mileage of the trip.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Compound Object
- Master File Format
- image/tiff; 161 MB
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services