C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his family, March 31, 1907
MACMASTER & MACMASTER MINING STOCK BROKERS P.O. BOX 1063 GOLDFIELD, NEV. Sunday Lovelocks, Nev. Mar 31 /07 Dear Folks, Arrived in Lovelocks again today about noon. I found your last two letters addressed to Goldfield and Leter #1 & #2 here. Am glad you sent May's letter. Am glad to know you are all fairly well. the kids must take care of their colds and they will be alright. Guess the trouble in Goldfield is not settled yet. I got out in time. At will have to wait a while now for his money as every stock is way down. I will send him some money the first chance I get and hold the stock myself. who is the P.M. at muncie. I got the papers here that you addressed to Lovelocks but did not get the paper you sent to Goldfield. Tell the girls I dont have time to write them so they will have to read your letters. tell them to write me. Now you don't need to be surprised if I give you the North Pole as my next address. I am keeping fat and feeling fine. I am having a great time. Am keeping a diary every day. I have not been able to get a map yet that will show you our trail. You ask about what a grub stake is. Some one sends a party out to prospect for him and furnishes the outfit and grub etc for the prospecter - that is called grub staking. Set the crock with the cactus out in the hottest place in the sun and move it in when it rains. It only wants a little water. Well I expect you fellows think I ought to write about 10 pages but I have so little time to write.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his family, March 31, 1907
- Individual Creator
- Letter to his parents. Continuation of his trip to Lovelock, Nevada. He writes about the trail, defines a grub stake, and discusses how tiring the trip is and how much they walk each day.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- Geographic Feature
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- Mining; People
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Compound Object
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
- image/tiff; 107 MB
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services