People, automobiles and wagons on Main Street in Pioneer, Nevada
- People, automobiles and wagons on Main Street in Pioneer, Nevada
- Group Creator
- Inscription on front reads: Welch & Tune Photo Goldfield Goldfield Nev Main St. Pioneer Nev. Per patron comment, the second business from the left is the Vienna Bakery Cafe, and a fire started there on May 7, 1909 that burned down all of the businesses in that row. Patron also noted that the sign on the back of the car reads "Alkali Bill's Auto Line," and this was a company that provided transportation from the Bullfrog Goldfield Railroad depot in Springfield to Pioneer.
- Welch & Tune Photo Goldfield, Nev. Main St. Pioneer, Nev.
- 0014 0183
- Original Collection
- City or Town
- Graphic Elements (TGM)
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- City & town life; Transportation
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
- image/tiff; 21.2 MB
Cite this Item:
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
|Mark Holloway||2014-11-26 @ 10:51 AM|
|If you zoom in 100% you can see that the second business from the left is the 'Vienna Bakery Cafe'. A fire started in this business on May 7, 1909 and burned all of the buildings in this row down. Also of note is the sign on the back of the car-|
"Alkali Bill's Auto Line". This company provided transportation from the railroad depot (Bullfrog Goldfield Railroad) at Springdale to Pioneer.
|Digital Collections staff||2014-12-01 @ 01:25 PM|
|Hi Mark! Thanks for this great info! We'll update our record.|
Institute of Museum and Library Services