C.A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Dec. 7, 1907, page 1
FRED E. RICHARDS, PRES'T. J. FRANK LANG, SECRETARY ARTHUR L. BATES, VICE PRES'T. SYLVAN B. PHILLIPS, ASST. SECY. JOSIAH H. DRUMONG, SOLICITOR SAMULE S. BOYDEN, ACTUARY EDWIN M. NORTHCOTT, MEDICAL DIRECTOR FRED A. HAMBLEN, ASST. ACTUARY INCORPORATED 1848. UNION MUTUAL Life Insurance Company. Portland, Me. 1 CALIFORNIA AGENCY 44 BACON BLOCK WILLIAM C. LEAVITT, Manager EDWARD N. ATWOOD, Superintendednt [OAKLAND, CAL. crossed out] Goldfield Nev, Dec 7, '07 Dear Mother: Will now try & answer your letter No 12 of Dec 1st. Now I am still loafin but it don't worry me much for everyone else here is loafind too. I look for thing to pick up a little now. I suppose you are pretty badly scared about the troops coming to Goldfield. Well they arrive this morning but they have not put the camp under Marshall Law and I do not think they will either. Everything is quiet here as can be. I think the Governor was a little too previous with the troops. They will be here in case they are needed thought. I think they were ordered more on the Consolidated Mining Co's wishes than the Governor's. A great many think that Co intends to work iron-mining miners. It is the Company that J.M. Fenwick & Wingfield & others control. If they start up non-union then everyone else will too and that will be the end of big wages in Goldfield.
- C.A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Dec. 7, 1907, page 1
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Access Rights and Restrictions
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Collection
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services