C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Oct. 8, 1908, page 1
M.J. MONNETTE, PRESIDENT THOS. H. CONDON, VICE-PREST. LINCOLN DAVIS, TREASURER A.A. BARRETT, SECY. R.J. SHOEMAKER, DIRECTOR J.R. HUBBARD, GEN'L. MGR. Baby Florence Mining Company P.O. Box 334 112 Hall St. GOLDFIELD, NEVADA Pacific Ocean Oct 8/08 Dear Mother: Am writing this at sea. How I wish you and dady were alng. We have been out at sea the best part of the day and in pretty choppy weather but I have not been the least bit sea sick. Will be on this boar "Hermosa" for about two days. Will be back to Los Angeles Sat. when I will take a boat to San Diego, Calif. from San Diego I will go over in Old Mexico. Will be back in Los Angeles some time next week. Then to Frisco and then norht, Yest. I went out to Mt. Lowe. I know you would have liked it. The last 4 or five mile of the trip we had to make on burros. There was one big fat woman in the crowd and she had to ride a mule and I tell you that poor mule almost gave out before we reached the summit. Went to the opera last night. Tell you I am almost eating myself sick, fruit & everything It's so cheap. Got you[r] letter of 2&3 here at Los last night. Sorry to hear of Sallie [Dick?] Can't think of more to write so will ring off. Hope you are all O.K.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Oct. 8, 1908, page 1
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services