C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Oct. 13, 1908, page 3
to feel durn sure I was out of place but I decided to stay with it for I thought the worst was over. The new ones had just go settled when in came two more swell guns. There I was with my old shirt and the color turned up. Well I stuck to it and played them clear through. They all turned out to be pretty clever people. I didn't drink the water from the finger bowl etc. Oh Mammy I had had some experience out here. Now it will probably not do any good to write me after this reaches you. I have been trying to send you one or two cards every day. I liked my trip into Old Mex. pretty well. You would like their Spanish dinners. Well there is nothing I can think of to write now. Will leave here for Frisco about 15th. Don't know just how many days will be there. Went thru an old Spanish Mission today almost 150 years old. It was the Old San Gabriel Mission. Feeling fine & hope you are too. Earle
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Oct. 13, 1908, page 3
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services