C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Nov. 28, 1907, page 1
FRED E. RICHARDS, PRES'T. J. FRANK LANG, SECRETARY ARTHUR L. BATES, VICE PRES'T. SYLVAN B. PHILLIPS, ASST. SECY. JOSIAH H. DRUMONG, SOLICITOR SAMULE S. BOYDEN, ACTUARY EDWIN M. NORTHCOTT, MEDICAL DIRECTOR FRED A. HAMBLEN, ASST. ACTUARY INCORPORATED 1848. UNION MUTUAL Life Insurance Company. Portland, Me. 1 CALIFORNIA AGENCY 44 BACON BLOCK WILLIAM C. LEAVITT, Manager EDWARD N. ATWOOD, Superintendednt [OAKLAND, CAL. crossed out] Goldfield Nev Thanksgiving Day 1907 Dear Mother - Your letter No 10 of the 24th just rec'd this evening. My letter cannot get out before tomorrow evening so I will just write tonight & tell you how I spent the day and answer your letter tomorrow. We all laid in bed until about9: oclock. Then got up and had breakfast & went to see a football Game between the Goldfield High School & the Goldfield Athletic Club. We came home and laid around a while & decided to take the shootin iron [?] & go over on the Malapi and shoot a while. We had two 38 six shooters & Jeff had a new automatic Colt. We climbed the Malapi & got busy. Jeff & I could hit the mark but all Hurry could hit was the wide Wide world. We shot all our cartridges & then started on. We explored the country for quite a way.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, Nov. 28, 1907, page 1
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services