J. Ross Clark to C. O. Whittemore, May 14, 1904
May 14, 1904. 60-A Mr.C.O.Whittemore, McCornick Block, Salt Lake, Utah. Dear Sir:-I beg to acknowledge receipt of your favor of the 11th inst. which refers to proposed trip to Las Vegas Ranch.I also note what you say in regard to the Stewarts acquiring land adjoining the lower field and they had forbidden you Dr.Bracken to repair or fix the fence line, also he anticipates that they may claim that we have surplus water and demand the use of it. Referring to this, is it not possible for Dr.Bracken to make some additional new ditches and appropriate the water on our own land, either pasture, hay, or anything else, and I will write him today in regard to this.Referring to the general plan of improvement, laying out town-site, etc., I do not think it would be wise to make any move in this matter until Mr.Hawgood has made his trip and definitely located his yard, etc., which will be at a convenient point, and then the town-site can be laid out in accordance with the above plans, but not otherwise. I think Mr.Hawgood anticipates now, if possible, making the trip there the latter part of this month, and I would suggest that the above matter in regard to laying off town-site be held in obeyance until after his trip and report. Very truly yours, CC - H.H. (Signed) J. ROSS CLARK.
- J. Ross Clark to C. O. Whittemore, May 14, 1904
- Original Date
- City or Town
- Main Subject (TGM)
- Subject (TGM)
- Source Collection
- 97 19--File 60A Part III
- Digital Format
- Original Format
- Date Digital
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Access Rights and Restrictions
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Collection
- Digital ID
- Letter discusses the Las Vegas Ranch. Clark discusses water and putting off plans for improvements and the townsite.
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services