Matthew Kyle letter to J. T. McWilliams, December 20, 1902
60-A Department of the Interior, OFFICE OF U. S. SURVEYOR-GENERAL, DISTRICT OF NEVADA, Mr. J. T. McWilliams, U.S. Deputy Mineral Surveyor, Good Springs, Nevada. Sir: Your favor of 15th. inst. received. I am not aware of any way of remedying the errors you report in the survey of subdivisions of Tp. 20 S., R. 61 E. The transcript sent you on December 6 proved the accuracy of that furnished on November 14, and there are many ways of accounting for the discrepancies found between the actual conditions upon the ground and those returned to the office in the contracting deputy's field-notes from which the ap-proved plat was constructed.The record shows that the South boundary of this township which you report as correctly run and marked, was surveyed in 1881 by Brunt and Proctor, D.Ss, While the North, East and West boundaries, and all subdivision lines were run by Woods and Myrick, D.Ss., in 1882, and it may be observed that many complaints have been made of erroneous work executed by those contracting deputies in South-ern *Nevada, the latest instance being in township 15 South, Range 70 East, which was suspended on February 5, 1902 by the Honorable Commissioner of the general Land office, upon my recommendation, based upon a very careful and thorough search for corners by a qualified deputy, whose report was corroborated by affidavits of five disinterested residents of the vicinity.
- Matthew Kyle letter to J. T. McWilliams, December 20, 1902
- Individual Creator
- Letter discusses a survey of the Las Vegas Ranch.
- Identified Corporate Bodies
- 97 19--File 60A Part I
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- City & town life
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Compound Object
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services